tisdag 3 mars 2009

Week 2

Today i finally managed to overcome my problem with the aim rotation. In order to make it work you need to have the same bone names as ut3 does. At first i thought it was impossible to create your own character with own propotions and style. Because i thought that ut3 uses their aimoffset and that brought me to the conclusion that my arms would look wierd since my arms is alot longer then the characters in ut3, but somehow it seems to work even with my strange propotions on a character. Next step is to try the custom weapon pipeline since iam done with the character pipeline.

The rest of the week ive been working on getting our own towers in the game, which have worked out nicely. Creating my own tower meant some scripting which at first glance looked menacing, but after a while i started to get a hang of it. I managed to create my own tower with own animation and mesh, then i went on to sendning the towerplacehold over to one of my companions who is going to get som new guns on the tower.

I have also finally understood how the bones in ut3 engine works. One thing to think of when creating your own bones for ut3 in Maya is that they dont just change the joint oriantation infact they rotate the whole bone instead of working with joint orientaion.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar